Sunday 18 February 2018

Spring, spring, spring





When I was younger one of my absolute favourite films was Seven Brides for Seven Brothers.  It's got a song on it called Spring, spring, spring which unsurprisingly it's about the coming of spring, and it's very catchy.  (I used to fast forward between the songs and play them at full pelt, but once chose to do this at 6am on a sunday so was then banned from leaving my room until my parents were up.) 

Anyway, I have been humming that song all day because today it truly feels like spring.  The sun has been shining, and it's not just fake sun, it's actually quite warm. We've played in the garden for hours, walked / cycled to the playpark to play some more, spotted snowdrops and crocuses and baked a cake.  I also got to see the most amazing sunrise this morning but typically didn't have my phone to take a photo.  The sky looked like it was ablaze and it was stunning.

Yesterday I went to watch Paddington 2 at the cinema with Sophie and I highly recommend it.  So many good bits and if you're anything like me you'll smuggle in your crochet for some undisturbed hooky time.  I literally crammed my bag full of yarn and did worry a bit that they might ask to look in it but thankfully nobody did.  I'm not sure what I would have said if they had!



I made some granny squares because I don't have to look at what I'm doing and I'm working on some colourful anything goes ones so it didn't matter how they'd look.  I'm pretty pleased with them.  I had planned to make a picnic blanket but now I'm thinking about making  a project bag.  Decisions, decisions...



No comments:

Post a Comment